Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Family Photoshoot

Just wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from our family photoshoot late in 2016.  Every year we try to take some in the fall to use for our Christmas card but also just to document our life and how big the kids are getting.  I wish you could see the wheels spinning in my head when i think about location, clothing,overall vibe for the shoot.  I really put a lot of thought into each one - and its stressful because I can't control the weather or more importantly, the kids' temperament.  But luckily things have gone pretty smoothly.  This year was no exception.  Our photos were taken by Peter Atkins from Minneapolis.  I've worked closely with him in the past for Cayetano Legacy Collection shoots and I love his work.

I kind of wanted the mix of an urban setting with an everyday luxe look for our clothing.  I had Alessa and I in tulle dresses.  She had a beautiful navy faux fur jacket which - would you believe it - was from Target? I wanted to downplay the dressiness factor with a sweater and then i tied in the boys with their grandfather sweaters.  I think the pictures came out exactly as I envisioned.  Hope you like them :)

Karen






















No comments:

Post a Comment